Spearhead Studios are seeking a Junior HTML5 Game Developer to join our rapidly growing games studio in Marbella, Spain. We create online casino games, have a gaming platform that is integrated to an ever-expanding external casino sites. We also partner with external games studios and distribute their games. In 2021, we expect to release more than forty games.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop HTML5 games using typescript and PIXI
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Product, QA, Art Team and Java game developer team to develop a playable game client
- You will be involved in all iterations from initial design and until the game is released
- Maintain and update existing games in our portfolio
- Good OOP knowledge and interest about design patters, programming good practices and all related with software engineering
- Take pride to produce clean and easy-to-reuse code
- Detail orientated with a keen eye for compelling user experiences and visual presentation
- General understanding about the web ecosystem
- General knowledge about consuming REST APIs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good English language skills
Good to have:
- Computer sciences degree or similar technical education
- Experience with PIXI skills or other similar rendering technologies
- Knowledge of HTML5 animation techniques
- Experience with 2D animation handling (E.g. Spine, Unity)
- Experience using Git and handling repositories
Bonus points if you have:
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details.
- Analytical thinking skills.
Perks & Benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Internal and external training
- Company accounts on PluralSight, Packt, Coursera, EggHead, FrontEndMasters, KaplanLearn, Audible and Udemy for Business
- Company gifts and parties.